Fashion is something that comes after style.
topic:my love of fashion. Granted my clothes aren't always the most fashionable, well, okay, fine, they're never really fashionable. But thats because I have a strict dress code the parentals make me follow really...ANYWAYS tangent. I love fashion. I can't believe I have neglected to post on one of my favorite topics thusfar. Clothing, when done right, is an
art form...I like to think of beautiful gowns and dresses as sort of wearable
paintings and
sculptures. My favorite thing about good art/fashion is the wow effect it tends create, when you look at a piece
and for a second it completely blows your mind because it's so beyond what you ever could have imagined yourself. It's a very
unique experience for me,
comparable to hearing a novel idea, reading a clever quote, or seeing something you never even knew existed for the first time...

Among the few designers that can really pull that effect off in a beautiful and elegant way are Marchesa ( my personal favorite), Monique lhuillier ( has some amazing wedding gowns), Valentino, and Christian V Siriano
( sound familiar? Thats because he was the WINNER of project runway of course!). At the moment it seems to be those who are all into this sort of
neo-victorian movement as I like to call it--peices that are
ethereal, detail oriented, romantic, overflowingly lush, yet edgy and somewhat contemporary at the same time.
Marchesa-
Anne Hathaway in marchesa
christian siriano:
 |
| Monique Lhuiller |
 |
| Jolios Paons Newspaper Dress |
Valentino lace pumps:
Tim Walker, fashion photographer:
No comments:
Post a Comment