Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yesterday was national make a difference day...

Did you make a difference?
(pictures I took at the Libby House building site for h.f.h.)
rusty cage!
powertools!
wheelbarrow!
pretty cracks!
grody spider!
tractor tracks!
super gloves!

OMG!

So I totally summoned my inner Hulk Hogette yesterday while schlepping things with  Habitat for Humanity. I typically do not do things that involve powertools, heavy lifting, dirt, dust, bugs, sheds, gloves,rust,spiders,splinters,mud, sharp objects, or tangly wires. I typically do not wear bulky tennis shoes, hold pick axes, or sport over sized T-shirts. I also usually do not carry doors that are 5 times my height and diameter, or configure lock sets. I never do any of those things, and yet, I did, with the help of some really nice people.
I have to say I am kind of proud of myself  for venturing waywayway out of my element. I mean I was practically wearing a dirt-pancho when I got out of there and I was barely even bothered...I only really complained afterwards when I accidentally scrubbed my skin raw with my loofa. I'm also very impressed and proud of my friends, who all did some pretty incredible fence building and worked really hard with me as well. Seeing the families that were actually going to be living in those houses made the aches in my back and slight allergic swelling in my face this morning totally worth it. I'm still one happy camper! So, YAYYY go HFH!!!!!
:]

No comments:

Post a Comment