Dear life,
All
I want is a little home and little family to call my own. I want to
give away my warmth wholeheartedly to those I meet and convert
strangers to friends without being so shy. I want the satisfaction of a career that helps
others in real, noticeable ways. I want the ability to speak my mind with both grace and candor-- to learn to relate myself to others in way that is not overly-winning or self-depreciating. I want to laugh through my tears and
remain positive in the face of terrible situations.
And I want to
believe that I can put someone deserving in my life on a pedestal
to do all these things alongside of me, and not to a fault.
We're only
human after all, satisfied with our deranged beliefs of how things
should be and our irrational, fluctuating emotions. Yet still-- I'd like to think
that despite the instablity of the human disposition, it is possible to
invest ones happiness and trust within another person and not end up
disappointed, and that confidence in love enables this. All I really want in this
lifetime is to bear witness to this... unlikely phenomenon.
Truly,
Alli M.
All I want is a little home and little family to call my own. I want to give away my warmth wholeheartedly to those I meet and convert strangers to friends without being so shy. I want the satisfaction of a career that helps others in real, noticeable ways. I want the ability to speak my mind with both grace and candor-- to learn to relate myself to others in way that is not overly-winning or self-depreciating. I want to laugh through my tears and remain positive in the face of terrible situations.
And I want to believe that I can put someone deserving in my life on a pedestal to do all these things alongside of me, and not to a fault.
We're only human after all, satisfied with our deranged beliefs of how things should be and our irrational, fluctuating emotions. Yet still-- I'd like to think that despite the instablity of the human disposition, it is possible to invest ones happiness and trust within another person and not end up disappointed, and that confidence in love enables this. All I really want in this lifetime is to bear witness to this... unlikely phenomenon.
Truly,
Alli M.
No comments:
Post a Comment