Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Requiem for the Future

Evanescent clouds perched on earths horizon, filter the prayers that rise from a lost generation
With laughter-ingrained reveries splashed by storms, we trek instead of frolic
 Guided forward by embers of a perished star,
We search for the magnet stolen from our moral compass
Like hungry beggars reaching for bread, we seek opportunities from ungenerous employers,
Greeted by the task of collecting dust with our diplomas, we meander,
Ravenous for the wisdom of archaic philosophies,
to wear as thimbles as we sew our providence
 With crumbling pastels which we were gifted, 
we smear opaque lines on the blank canvas of our futures:
Aspiring to fill the jorum of white fog with an incandescent scenery

--By: me
Wha-lah! The depressing product of one of my study breaks today! (I rarely share my poetry so don't get used to this sort of thing). Tomorrow is the last day of my semester and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait for it all to be over!
Anyways, a few new prints from the darkroom: ;]











No comments:

Post a Comment